Cambodia Development Research Institute (CDRI) is organising a regional forum led by a consortium of research institutes in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam on “The Impact of Covid-19 on the Mekong Subregion: An Emphasis on Social Protection and Economic Inclusion” on Monday 5 December.
This regional forum is part of the research project The Impact of Covid-19 on Inclusive Development and Democratic Governance: Rapid and Post-Pandemic Assessment in the Mekong Subregion, and serves as an opportunity to bring together research evidence and lessons learned from the region.
The objectives of the regional forum are to:
- Create a platform for sharing research findings to support evidence-based policy making and programme intervention
- Stimulate policy discussion on three main areas: social protection, gender-sensitive impacts, and migration
- Provide an opportunity for engagement and networking between policymakers, relevant stakeholders, and researchers
The forum will feature three different types of discussion:
- Keynote addresses by expert: To present an overview from macroeconomic perspective on Covid-19 recovery pathway in the region and set the theme for the following discussions
- Presentations from research team: To showcase research findings from research institutes in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam.
- Panel discussions: To promote active discussion between participants that consist of policymakers, researchers, and policy practitioners from government, think tanks, and NGOs.
Find out more about the agenda and key speakers on CDRI’s website.